Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
metadata templates for folks without Photoshop?
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 07, 2020, 11:28:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  metadata templates for folks without Photoshop?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: metadata templates for folks without Photoshop?  (Read 2891 times)
Marc Sabatella

View Profile Email
« on: December 29, 2007, 04:09:42 PM »

I've been using the basic version of II happily for the past year or so.  I hadn't been trying to add metadata because I found it easy enough to do so in my cataloging program.  But I have come to realize the advantages of getting bulk metadata in there sooner rather than later, and while I can automate this in my cataloging program, it *is* a separate step, and in order to be most efficient, it also requires me to have II *not* convert to DNG and to do that from within my cataloging program after the bulk metadata is added (in the form of temporary sidecars).  So that's a little more manual interaction than I'd prefer.

I'd like to use II to add the bulk metadata.  For my purposes, static templates seem like they would be fine, *except* I don't know how to create one or where to put it.  My read of the manual suggests these are perhaps just XMP files with the appropriate metadata added, and I can certainly create one of those, but don't know where to put it to get II to see it.  Any chance of me getting this going, or do I need Pro in order to do metadata at all, given that I don't have Photoshop installed?

Marc Sabatella
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 05:13:04 PM »

Marc--

This is really hard without the Pro version and without Photoshop. You can try starting with the ImageIngester-IPTC template, but you have to be extremely careful, as the slightest error will cause the sidecar to be ignored by Adobe and other apps, and there is no useful error message. I won't be able to help you debug templates you create yourself -- much too time consuming.

I strongly suggest the Pro version!

--Marc

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: