Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Expressions Media freeze with Leopard.
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2019, 02:49:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Expressions Media freeze with Leopard.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Expressions Media freeze with Leopard.  (Read 4397 times)
bslanger

View Profile Email
« on: December 09, 2007, 10:04:04 PM »

I just installed the nightmare that is Leopard on my MacPro.  14 crashes in a row.
It's a mess.  One of the myriad problems is that on opening Media Expressions, it freezes,
and I have to force quit.  Leopard? Makes a heck of a nice 129$ coffee mug coaster.
Brian
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 06:09:45 AM »

Brian,
Sorry to hear about this.  Seems like Leopard is breaking both iView and Expression.

(Updated 12/10/07 - Brian, it seems like this might be an isolated problem.  The Expression team reports only minor incompatibility.  I've addressed this in the other thread you posted in.)

I'll see what I can find out about Expression updates.

BTW, did you install Leopard in a way that lets you roll back to your previous operating system?

For an upgrade like this, I would always buy a new boot drive, and do the install onto the fresh drive, keeping my old boot drive in tact. That way, if there are deal-breaking incompatibilities, I can always get back to where I was before.
Peter
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 08:39:21 AM by peterkrogh » Logged
MikeCaine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 08:41:06 AM »

iView and Expression both seem to work fine under Leopard in my G5 iMac. I didn't do the recommended "archive and install", I just stuck it straight on top of Tiger

I know this doesn't help your situation, but it works fine for me

Mike
ruskin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 06:20:34 AM »

July 08: I too am about to go to Leopard in the hope I've left a sufficient delay for incompatibilities to disappear. I'm about to go from 10.4.11 to 10.5x while using Expression 1.02 on my G5 1.8 Dual. Can those of you long-standing Leopards out there recommend or maybe still discourage the swap? If there are small issues, what might I expect them to be?

Rgds,

Richard.
SteveM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 04:35:59 PM »

Richard,

I use Leopard 10.5.4 on both my dual G5 and my MacBook Pro, along with Expressions Media v 1.0.3 and have experienced no problems.

I did experience some weird behavior with Bridge on the G5, but that got squared away (no issues on the MacBook). Search the threads in Bridge/Camera Raw if you are so inclined.

I say go for it.

Good luck and have fun,

SteveM

IIP - PM - CS3 (Bridge, ACR, PS) - XM - OS X
ruskin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 10:36:25 AM »

SteveM,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll  search for Bridge/ACR as you suggest but I have the 10.5 disc and any moment soon, I will take the plunge! I hate these moments.

Richard
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: