Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
adding something without moving files
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2020, 10:04:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  adding something without moving files
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: adding something without moving files  (Read 2506 times)
Dawnne Gee

"Art is science made clear." ~ Jean Cocteau

View Profile WWW
« on: December 09, 2007, 04:35:27 PM »

Marc (or another knowledgeable individual):

i admit to being rather scattered this year, and when i attempt to read the IIP UG, at no fault of Marc's, my eyes simply cross and blur. please, guide me:

when i'm done manipulating the files and have culled all my unwanted files out, dropped the DNGs and am ready to run proofs, i want to first add a string and a sequence number into metadata, and just the metadata.

the string and sequence number is pretty easy with your macro language. no real hangups there, i guess. the real question seems to be how to do that in IIP without actually copying files.

(maybe this could be done in conjunction with dropping the DNG's to make things easier, although i sometimes, rarely, want to apply an arbitrary sort to force photos to come up in predominant positions in the client proof site is why i consider this for after the DNG drop. it would also force me to drop DNGs in subgroups for portraits, formals, ceremony, etc ~ not workflow happy, since i *could* be batching the whole wedding and then running off to a client meeting or another shoot or what-not)

the reason being, i use Dr Brown's Caption Maker extensively for online proofs. i want to use it to have a correlation between my filename and the client reference. clients prefer to see something like "Ceremony 007" instead of JDG_20070915_6123. i've got to put that information somewhere where Caption Maker can read it, is the problem.

~d~

~ Dawnne Gee
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: