Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
saving keywords used in expression media & exporting them to other apps
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2019, 02:58:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  saving keywords used in expression media & exporting them to other apps
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: saving keywords used in expression media & exporting them to other apps  (Read 2686 times)
Sossity Corby

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2007, 05:14:57 PM »

Is there a way to save my keywords, & export my list that has built up in expression media to Downloader Pro? Expressionmedia  seems to save my words in the keywords field data area so I can just scroll through them & hold my mouse cursor to highlight the words I want to use without having to retype them every time.

Sossity
Louie Sherwin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 09:06:40 AM »

Hi Sossity,

In iView which I think will still be the same for EM the keywords are stored as a text file in the vocabulary directory. On MacOS X this is stored in

/Users/username/Application Support/View/Plug-ins/Vocabulary/Default/Keywords.txt

You can edit this file using a UTF-16 enabled editor as TextEdit or TextWrangler. If you are on Windows I am sure that the default text editor would work.

The format is simple but it is not the same as used by Adobe which is is also text but in xml format. So you would have to have or write a conversion script.

One thing I have found is if I have iView open while I make changes to the keywords.txt file using a text editor these changes are lost as soon as I quit iView. IView I believe keeps the whole file in memory while running and write out a completely new on when it quits.

-louie

MacOS 10.5 Intel, Photoshop CS5, EM2.0.2 , IIP 3.2, LR3
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: