Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
First file gets named .DNG?
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 29, 2020, 07:19:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  First file gets named .DNG?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: First file gets named .DNG?  (Read 2815 times)
andris

View Profile WWW Email
« on: November 05, 2007, 09:29:27 PM »

I'm afraid I've been too busy to research this much yet, but I thought I'd post to see if it's something anyone else has encountered.

The first step in our studio workflow is to ingest the entire shoot through IIP.  I've noticed on the past several ingestions that the first file processed appears to get renamed to .DNG.  (That's an empty filename, followed by a . and DNG in all caps).  This is particularly strange because 1)  IIP isn't even handling my renaming for me, I'm using the 'original filename' setting for filename and 2)  All the other files ingested (6000 or so) are handled properly.  The file named .DNG is a completely functional dng, converted from the first CR2 (Canon raw) file in the ingestion source directory.

Is this a known issue, or is this something new?

Thanks,

Andris

Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 10:31:27 PM »

Andris--

It's the first I've heard of it.

Send to me via email so I can take a look:

1. Platform
2. Version
3. Main window log, and
4. If you're using 2.3, the external log