Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Why is Xmedia showing IPTC "title" data Annotations "Product" box?
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2019, 01:38:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Why is Xmedia showing IPTC "title" data Annotations "Product" box?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Why is Xmedia showing IPTC "title" data Annotations "Product" box?  (Read 2976 times)
Steve Rams

View Profile Email
« on: November 03, 2007, 04:25:27 PM »

I have a VB script that is storing the original filename into the Title field, but in Expression Media what I'm writing is shown in the Product field box.  I'm pretty sure that Iview used to show it in the Title field.  I looked at the file in Canon's EOEViewerUtility and the data is correctly shown in the Title field.

Has anyone seen this?  A quick search in this forum and the Iview forums didn't turn up anything related to this.

I'm using 1.0.8104.0 of EM.

Thanks,
Steve
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 05:11:37 PM »

There are alternative names for the same fields. Look at Preferences > General > Field Names.

John
Steve Rams

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 07:54:35 PM »

Thanks John.  Changing the preferences to "IPTC Core" gave me the expected result.  I would have thought the Title field was something that would be consistent across the different apps, especially between Mediapro and Expression Media.

--Steve
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 01:28:02 AM »

It's not a question of apps but of different standards and conventions over time. iView/xMedia allows you to display the field names however you need/want, but the object model's field names obviously had to be frozen.

John
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: