Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Will IIP work with Leopard?
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2020, 12:48:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  Will IIP work with Leopard?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Will IIP work with Leopard?  (Read 5483 times)
arossphoto

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2007, 11:37:26 AM »

Will IIP work with Leopard?

Andrew
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 11:58:58 AM »

An excellent question... I'm sure we'll all find out in the next day or so...

(No testing has been done on pre-release versions of Leopard.)

--Marc

mbryan822

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 06:50:25 AM »

I've used IIP 2.3.01B25 a few times now since installing Leopard and as far as I can tell it's no different than before.

-mike bryan
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 10:23:15 AM »

Hi Mike!

Yes... that's what I thought would be the case.

--Marc

Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 10:02:51 AM »

Now I've checked IIP out myself on Leopard, and it seems to be working just fine. I've updated the web site to indicate that it's compatible with Leopard.

The only weird thing is the presence of a Search field on the Help menu... I'm sure IIP can't search anything. I'll remove this as soon as I figure out how.

(By the way, the new Cover Flow and Quick Look features are great for browsing through photos, although the Finder crashes on some JPEGs recently taken with a Nikon D40X and then updated (for metadata) by Lightroom. The images work fine with Lightroom, IIP, and SmugMug, so I'm sure it's a Leopard problem. The original JPEGs straight from the camera (ingested by IIP) work OK.)

--Marc

mbryan822

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 03:51:22 PM »

The only weird thing is the presence of a Search field on the Help menu... I'm sure IIP can't search anything. I'll remove this as soon as I figure out how.

Hey Marc,

The new search field in the Help menu on Leopard works just fine in ImageIngester Pro, so I'd put in my vote for you to keep it in.
It's intended for searching the menu items of an application (I just learned this) and it is kind of cool - if you know the menu item you want but don't want to hunt for it.
For example, in IIP, go to the Help Search and type "macro" and you'll see that it finds the "Macro Lab..." menu item. In fact, you can simply type "M" and then pick
from the 3 entries that match, etc. In any case I think it's probably worth leaving in there.

Just my $.02

-mike bryan

Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 06:10:15 PM »

Thanks for the explanation, Mike. Actually, I've already determined that there's no way to control its appearance anyway.

--Marc
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 07:06:35 AM by Marc Rochkind » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: