Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Expression Media Crashing
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2019, 02:08:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Expression Media Crashing
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Expression Media Crashing  (Read 3554 times)
dkperez

View Profile Email
« on: October 23, 2007, 11:14:00 AM »

I just installed Expression Media to give it a try.  This is on a machine with e6700 cpu(s), 4GB of memory, 8600 GT video, and about 2.5TB of storage running XP64 SP2. 

It starts, lets me create a catalog, and I was able to import 1 image.  But, doing an import of a directory with 50 or so .dng files
causes xMedia to crash with an event error that says the faulting module is quicktime.qts.

When I installed xMedia it INSISTED I install Quicktime 7.2, which I did. 

I know there hasn't been much support in here for moving to xMedia so I can stay with Portfolio 8 or Lightroom 1.2, but has anybody seen this
problem and found a way around it?

David Perez
pburwell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 06:50:17 PM »

I had that problem when I upgraded my video drivers to the latest from NViidia.  Apparently it is Quicktime's bug, but it is the latest video drivers that trigger the problem.

Until they fix Quicktime I downgraded my video drivers to the previous incarnation and all is good now.

dkperez

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 08:49:39 PM »

Based on your feedback I went out and got the newest video drivers for the 8600.  I figured going backward
was a poor choice so I was hoping that the current drivers would get this thing working...

No such luck.  I guess Expression Media is going into the round file until they get this fixed...  I'd report it
but I've been down that road before and with Microsoft its ALWAYS somebody else's fault, never the
operating system or whichever of their products is puking on its own shoes...

So, I'm down to 3...  Iview 3.1.3, Portfolio 8.5, and Lightroom 1.2

David P

David Perez
pburwell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 08:55:54 PM »

Just a note that it is NVidia that says it is a Quicktime problem, not Microsoft.

dkperez

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 01:46:20 PM »

Doesn't surprise me since its quicktime.qts that appears to be puking...... 

In either case, its not worth messing with.  Until, if ever, Microsoft comes out
with a version that works right, has usable features, and is priced in a range
that's acceptable for PC users...

David Perez
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: