Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Exporting/Extracting iView Thumbnails?
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 11, 2020, 06:03:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  iView MediaPro
| | |-+  Exporting/Extracting iView Thumbnails?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Exporting/Extracting iView Thumbnails?  (Read 4690 times)
andris

View Profile WWW Email
« on: September 30, 2007, 12:56:13 PM »

Does anyone know if it's possible to export thumbnails from an iView catalog when the actual media is offline?  I need to do a large submission of images for copyright registration in the near future, and the iView thumbs in our catalogs are large enough to work.  The original media lives on many removable archive drives, and it would really help me out if I could do this without having to mount each of those drives just to export jpgs that are the same size as the already existing thumbs.

Would this be possible through a script? I haven't done any scripting for iView yet, but this would be a compelling reason to learn.  Does someone with more iView scripting knowledge know if I'd have the 'hooks' into an iView catalog I'd need to extract/export the thumbnails?

Thanks for the help,

Andris
piratejabez

tanuki86
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 06:01:21 AM »

iView has a simple-- though somewhat non-intuitive-- way to do this. Select the thumbs you'd like to extract, then go to Action > Extract Metadata..., then click on "Image thumbnails." From there you choose which folder the thumbnails will be placed. I hope this answers your question. It is a great little feature, perfect for copyrighting and the like.

Cory
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 06:23:10 AM »

Well spotted - you're right.

John
andris

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 07:47:17 AM »

Excellent catch...I never would have thought to look there.  This will save me a ton of time.  Thanks so much!

Andris
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: