Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
question about catalog sets
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 05, 2020, 04:38:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  question about catalog sets
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: question about catalog sets  (Read 4462 times)
ScottBuckel

View Profile Email
« on: October 09, 2007, 08:52:14 AM »

I am probably missing something really basic.  I have recently decided to do more with imageingester and I have run into something that is annoying.  When I ingest images and have catalog sets added, I also get client001|project001 added as a catalog set as well as the catalog sets that I want added.  What dumb thing am I doing?

Thanks,

Scott

Scott Buckel
Monrovia, CA
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 09:39:57 AM »

Scott--

What you're doing (or not doing) is certainly not dumb!

The default settings for the metadata fields use project and client as catalog sets. You can either define and select a project and client that are more meaningful, or change the metadata fields from the metadata panel to not use project and client as catalog sets.

(The metadata template, ImageIngester-IPTC, remains the same. What you need to change is the mapping from image data to metadata fields.)

Let me know if it's not clear how to do the above.

--Marc

ScottBuckel

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 10:01:29 AM »

Marc -

Thanks for the quick response.  I am at my day job and do not have ImageIngester here in front of me.  How do I change the mapping? 

It took me a number of tries to get a far as I did.  I modified the ImageIngesterIPTC template, then I add the catalog sets info and keywords into the metadata panel.

If it makes a difference, I'm using Vista and the latest windows beta.

Scott

Scott Buckel
Monrovia, CA
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 11:16:33 AM »

Scott--

There are a few reasons to modify the template, but they are unusual ones compared to previous versions of IIP, when it was almost a requirement. The new template (ImageIngester-IPTC) is intended to be universal. You decide what metadata you want and where using a mapping panel, similar to the Adobe File Info panel in Photoshop and Bridge.

You get to the mapper from the metadata panel. You'll see a button labeled "...". From there what you do should be straightforward.

--Marc

ScottBuckel

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 01:45:10 PM »

Thanks Marc -

I'll look at it this evening.

Scott

Scott Buckel
Monrovia, CA
ScottBuckel

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 09:34:49 PM »

Marc -

You pointed me in the correct direction as I now have it working well.

Another question.  Is there a way to write the new filename as the title?  I have used the macro that does the original filename, but I want the new one.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott Buckel
Monrovia, CA
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 07:33:54 AM »

Scott--

Among the new macros is {@filenamenew}. You can see the complete list in the Macro Lab.

--Marc

ScottBuckel

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 09:11:49 AM »

Marc -

Thanks I had not noticed that one in the list!

Scott

Scott Buckel
Monrovia, CA
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: