Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
GPS tagging and XMP sidecar files
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 05, 2020, 11:41:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  GPS tagging and XMP sidecar files
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: GPS tagging and XMP sidecar files  (Read 3161 times)
bill

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2007, 06:55:20 AM »

I am currently evaluating ImageIngesterPro.  I notice that when geotagging, GPS information is written directly to raw files whereas Downloader Pro writes this information to XMP sidecar files along with the other metadata, and leaves the raw files untouched.

As I don't want the raw files to be modified upon ingestion, is it possible to set IIP to write GPS coordinates to XMP files instead?

Thanks,
Bill
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 07:31:30 AM »

Bill--

it's something I'm working on, but won't be in the imminent Version 2.3 release. Maybe for 2.4.

(A related, but opposite, issue, is the numerous requests to write metadata directly into JPEGs, since Adobe apps ignore sidecars for JPEGs.)

--Marc

bill

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 10:45:50 PM »

Thanks Marc.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: