Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Neither iView nor Expression Media works! - Please Help!
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2019, 01:14:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Neither iView nor Expression Media works! - Please Help!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Neither iView nor Expression Media works! - Please Help!  (Read 2848 times)
Peter P

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2007, 01:43:47 AM »

dear forum members, DAM experts and iView Pros, ...

i started to work with iView Media Pro 2 on my windows XP PC long time ago and was very happy with the program.
i bought the update to iView Media Pro 3 and first trouble appeared. I could manage them and was still convinced that i work with a great software. than i updated to expression media and nothing, really nothing works anymore!

even now i set up my PC completely new, updated all drivers, followed all advices i found in several forums about known bugs an after reinstalling the software (Expression media SP1) several times it is not possible to import my media files.

Now i am frustrated and completely clueless what to do to make it run reliable. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Here my system details:

Dell XPS 9150
Windows XP Pro Vers. 2002 (SP2)
2x 160GB HD (Raid)
Pentium(R)4  3,4GHz
4GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 (Driver: 6.14.11.6218)
Quicktime Player 7.2 (selected "save mode" in preferences)
Expression Media SP1
Nikon View Vers 6.2.7

I have an archive of 70k pics. I know that catalog capacity is limited to 2GB max. But even when i try to import just a small amount of files (jpgs, tif, psd, ORF, NEF) the program crashes when the first picture appears in the window.

To make my request more challenging: I also tried to work with apple (MacBook Pro) and even the switch to a completely different platform didn't help.

Any suggestions, hints or clues are welcome!!!

Thank you.
Peter
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 02:30:47 AM »

Peter

Does this happen with a completely new catalogue file?

Does it happen with a new file with every file type? Try importing all the ORF, or all the PSD.

John
Peter P

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 03:52:24 AM »

Hi John,
sorry that I didn't respond on your post immediately!

But in the meanwhile I think I found out the reason for my problem. It seems to be the Symantec Antivirus Program on the one hand and a wrong driver of my audio device. Since I twisted some buttons the program works so far.

But still when I try to import a huge amount of pics the program crashes. Might be that corrupted files are the reason. I have to check that.

After your reply I made a test folder with one example of each file type. It worked with no problems.
So I came to the conclusion to import carefully one folder after the other which makes life not easier!

Peter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: