Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Importing Tiff and JPG from Raid
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2019, 01:20:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Importing Tiff and JPG from Raid
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Importing Tiff and JPG from Raid  (Read 3161 times)
michael_stewart

View Profile WWW
« on: September 22, 2007, 12:40:36 PM »

Does anyone have a problem importing files from a raid or a drive larger drive than 750Gig?  I have problems with an 868 gig raid on Vista 64bit.

Expression Media and iView both stop responding during each file import of Tiff and JPG.  Everything works fine on raw files.  I get a quick (not responding) when I import RAW files but it imports the files quickly and correctly.  Everything works fine on other drives including a smaller SAS Raid O.

The Raid configuration is:
Motherboard is an ASUS BSBF-D/SAS
Vista 64 Bit
RAID 0 894 gig (3- 500 Gig SATAII Seagates)
RAID is set up using Intel Matrix Storage Manager ICH7R

Thanks, Michael Stewart
P.S.>  Please help; Peter keeps teasing me for using a raid 0, but I have the need for speed!

« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 07:08:01 AM by peterkrogh » Logged

Vista 64bit
michael_stewart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 12:51:08 PM »

My thanks to Microsoft's Customer Service and Support for Expression Studio,  they did a fantastic job.  Three knowledgeable experts worked with me to solve the issue: Will Brandt, Brian Williams, and Tom Donaldson.

It was a  Vista-Raid compatibility issue that was only showing up in QuickTime and therefore Expression Media and iView.  I found lots of discussion on this QuickTime Forum and some known issues with the Intel Matrix Storage Manager.  A manual installation of the latest Intel Matrix Storage Manager solved the problem.  Checking for the latest driver automatically and installing the driver I downloaded from the motherboard company(Asus) did not work.

Here is the QT forum:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=880309&tstart=75

Here is the known problem: 

http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/imsm/sb/CS-025783.htm

Vista 64bit
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: