Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Update folder vs. Update files only
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2019, 04:05:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Update folder vs. Update files only
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Update folder vs. Update files only  (Read 3139 times)
Wayne_N

View Profile Email
« on: September 18, 2007, 08:39:11 AM »

Can someone briefly explain the difference between these two?  I can't seem to find an explanation in the user guide or online.

Wayne in Houston
ianw

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 09:22:47 AM »

Wayne,

I would guess - at work so can't try it - that update folder will check for new files in the folder and add to catalogue, plus update files already catalogued.  Update files will only look at those already in the catalogue i.e. ignores new files.  Would be useful if you kept different formats in the same folder but only wanted one type catalogued.  As I said this is just an educated guess!

Ian
piratejabez

tanuki86
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 06:25:25 AM »

Ian-

I think you're right on that one, good job explicating it even without 100% certainty  Smiley

Cory
www.coryschoolland.com
mikeseb
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 08:10:33 AM »

Update files will only look at those already in the catalogue i.e. ignores new files.

I don't think this is exactly true, but a check of the iVMP 3.1 manual online does not really go into specifics. This pair of alternatives appears upon clicking the right-click/contextual menu item "Update Folder Now..."; sometimes you get the option to update the folder or the files, sometimes just the files, and I'm not sure exactly what determines which you get.

In any case, both will find any new files that have been added to the folder but not yet cataloged. "files only" won't find any new subfolders added outside of iVMP, however, while the other choice will.

Mike S.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: