Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Automate spitting camera original file types into seperate folders
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 29, 2020, 06:16:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  Automate spitting camera original file types into seperate folders
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Automate spitting camera original file types into seperate folders  (Read 3027 times)
AnthonyAdachi

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2007, 08:15:10 AM »

I originally posted this in the Migration Issues forum but on second thought this forum might be a more appropriate place to post this...

My camera original jpegs are together in the same folder as the RAW files. Is there anyway with ImageIngesterPro to automate the process of splitting them up into separate folders?

Specifically, into sub-folders derived from the name the of the original containing folder?

i.e.- some form of replace x with y in original containing folder's name as a basis for creating the name of sub-folder a.

e.g.- If the original containing folder was named: AkAdachi_orig_20061019_description
then replace "orig" with "orig-raw" for the new sub-folder name containing the moved RAW files. So it becomes:
-> AkAdachi_orig-raw_20061019_description: for the RAW files moved into the new sub-folder from the original containing folder.
-> AkAdachi_orig-jpeg_20061019_description: for the jpeg files moved into the new sub-folder from the original containing folder.

Or for that matter separate the different file types upon ingestion?

If not, is there some other Mac file or folder utility which allows one to do so?

Thanks,

Anthony
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 08:17:14 AM »

Anthony--

I think you can put files with different extensions into different folders, but only if the extension is part of the folder name. Use the new {@extension} macro in Version 2.3 (available in beta).

--Marc

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: