Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Can II or IIP give the same name to RAW + JPEG?
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2020, 12:42:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  Can II or IIP give the same name to RAW + JPEG?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Can II or IIP give the same name to RAW + JPEG?  (Read 3914 times)
Bob Roelke

View Profile WWW
« on: August 24, 2007, 02:16:40 PM »

I am new to this forum and II, and I was very excited to try it. I am looking for a replacement ingester for Nikon View, which is no longer supported. II seemed to do everything I wanted and more, but I wasn't able to give my JPEG files the same name as their companion NEF files when I shoot RAW + JPEG. Am I missing something? Is this a feature of IIP?  If not, is it something that might be added in the future?

Thanx for your responses.

Bob Roelke
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 09:20:05 PM »

Good suggestion, Bob... and one already on my list.

--Marc

Bob Roelke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 02:05:59 AM »

Marc,

I notice that Downloader Pro from Breeze systems can capture the shutter count from some cameras and use it for file naming. This provides a way to get consistent names for RAW + JPEG files (if you happen to use one of those cameras and like the resulting file name.) Is this a possibility for II's future?

Thanx for your response,

Bob
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 11:22:09 AM »

Bob--

Interesting idea... IIP Version 2.3 (now in beta) has a new {@exif.actuations} macro. Works on all NEF raws and CR2 raws from Canon 1D cameras, as I recall.

--Marc

Bob Roelke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 03:16:29 PM »

Thanx, Marc. I'll give it a try.

My naming scheme is X123456, where X is a 1 or 2 character abbreviation for the camera (or assistant photographer) followed by a 6 digit sequential number. It meets most of the requirements in Peter's scheme and provides a short name. If I want to add any information for derivative file names, I just append it to the basic name. Shutter actuations would fit in perfectly for the sequence number.

Is there a way to pad the actuations to 6 digits? (BTW, I use Nikon cameras.)

Bob
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: