Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Problems With Previews and annotations
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 16, 2019, 03:06:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Problems With Previews and annotations
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Problems With Previews and annotations  (Read 5799 times)
laurent

View Profile Email
« on: August 24, 2007, 07:50:21 AM »

I've been working on ME for a little while now.  Recently I was transfering some jpegs to a new folder from ME to create a cd.  When I imported those jpegs(the transfered ones) back into ME it seems to have only transfered the previews and annotations of about 15 of the 46 jpeg files.  Then also today I tried importing some older jpegs to the catalog and it only had about 15 of 800jpegs with previews and annotations.  Has anyone experienced this and is there a solution?
-Laurent
roberte

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 05:41:39 AM »

Hi Laurent,

What previews are you missing? Is it the fullscreen preview you store in the catalog or the "preview" you see in the Media tab? The latter is the actual image and if not available (eg the CD isn't mounted) then you will only see the thumbnail.

What annotations are missing? Did you sync them to the files?

-- Robert.

laurent

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 06:22:37 AM »

I'm actually missing the thumbnail previews.  The media preview is there.  All the info that is stored in the jpg is gone except for the main file info.  Date created and everything else does not load.  I have a feeling it's a problem with this particular catalog.  My originals catalog where I catalog DNGs is fine.  Today I started a test catalog using the same files as in the "corrupt" catalog and it seems to be working fine.  Though I have only put a fraction of the files in it.
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 10:20:14 AM »

Laurent,
Are you sure the files are fine?  This is how corrupted files first come to my attention, usually.
Peter
laurent

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 10:42:51 AM »

I'm pretty sure they're fine.  I've started a new catalog and have begun importing the same jpegs with no problems.
laurent

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 08:42:22 AM »

Okay.  Everything was going fine until I dropped in my last set of jpegs.  Then the same thing happened as before.  I thought maybe these files were corrupt, so I loaded them into a new catalog to see.  They loaded fine.  Is there a max size for a ME catalog?  Currently this one is at 1.7GB.
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 02:17:39 PM »

That's the problem.  Keep your catalogs well south of that.
I don't use "full Screen Previews" for this reason.

I build my Thumbnails at 640/Medium until I get to 25,000 or so, then I rebuild at 640/Low and can get up to 60,000 or so.
Peter
laurent

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 10:23:38 AM »

Well I just converted to medium/640.  Everything is fine now.  Thank you very much Peter.  Now I can get back into the flow of things.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: