Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Positive movement in the bushes
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 16, 2019, 02:09:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Positive movement in the bushes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Positive movement in the bushes  (Read 2526 times)
DMJMich

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2007, 07:16:17 PM »

More signals that progress is coming in the improvement of XMedia. Over the last month, I've been corresponding with an XMedia developer who replied to an issue I posted on their support site. Three messages to report.

First, I was impressed to be contacted by a developer interested in pursuing my issue.

Second, the catalog crashes I was experiencing in XMedia - but not in iVMP - were related to corruption in my catalog. By subdividing the catalog in iVMP and running the new splits in XMedia, I found one split that could not be made to crash in XMedia. Therefore, the crashes were not universally happening in XMedia. Good news.

Second, continuing a discussion of software development, the analyst commented, "Keep with it, xMedia is going to be stunning .... " I'm inured to the usual software developers' blather. I've developed software and, in the context of our conversation, this didn't tickle the BS detector. This fellow had nothing to gain by snowing me. I have no relation with iVMP or Microsoft whatsoever beyond being a paying customer and wanting great products.

I still have questions about corruption in catalogs and the management of same. However, I'm going to stick with the product based on my own testing, comments by Peter, Beardy and others, and this tantalizing "report from the front".
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: