The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 12:32:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28021 Posts in 5141 Topics by 2910 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Workflow Discussions
| |-+  Multi-User Configurations
| | |-+  Working with two
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Working with two  (Read 3551 times)
laurent

View Profile Email
« on: July 27, 2007, 07:05:35 AM »

Hello.  I currently work for a busy photographer.  We have to mac pro g5s side by side.  The main work is done on my side while he does editing(strictly editing-no color correction) on the other.  Currently we are doing this over the network but it is running fairly slow.  Is there any other way?
andris

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 10:26:37 AM »

Sure, go to what we're doing...shuffling around removable drives.   (See my post here: http://thedambook.com/smf/index.php?topic=2288.0).  That has its own problems, though...there's a lot of room for human error every time you pull and move the drives (lots of chances to drop them) Just how slow are things over the network?  Is your network gigabit ethernet based? 

As far as solutions to a slow network go...I am considering a server with dual network cards for our workgroup of four.  The idea would be that I could either bind the two outbound ethernet channels into one virtual adapter, or I could run two separate subnets...each with two of our four workstations.

Andris
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 10:30:12 AM by andris » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: