Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Expression Media Custom File Info Panel
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 16, 2019, 02:35:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Expression Media Custom File Info Panel
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Expression Media Custom File Info Panel  (Read 5429 times)
mikeseb
« on: July 01, 2007, 01:39:58 PM »

Does anyone know if XMedia installs a Custom File Info Panel for CS3 apps like iView used to do (you know, the one that John Beardsworth was kind enough to repair and post on his site?) If so, what is it called and where should it go? the old iVMP version went Library | Application Support | Adobe | XMP | Custom File Info Panels . This is where Beardy's modified file went for the last version of iVMP and CS3, and it worked fine.

I'm on Mac OSX 10.latest and problem is, I have such a gnarled mess of old iVMP and new xMedia files strewn about under the above directories that I don't know what is what, and I'm loath to delete or move anything.

Thanks in advance.

Mike S.
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 03:49:20 PM »

Mike,
Are you just looking to see what's current?
Can't tell exactly what you need to sort out.
Peter
mikeseb
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 04:17:56 PM »

Thanks, Peter, sorry I wasn't more specific.

My iVMP/xMedia-specific data--catalog sets, People, and custom fields--are not showing up in Photoshop CS3 on the File Info panel (File | File Info...), where there is a selection for iView Media Pro 3.1, which presumably got added when I installed John Beardsworth's modified/updated version, or when Expression Media installed it when I installed Expression Media.

Not sure, in other words, whether my files' iVMP/xMedia-placed data is not showing up because I have an outdated or incompatible version of the Custom File Info Panel installed, or  because maybe I have duplicate/conflicting such panels in place (ie, some left over from iVMP before I installed xMedia, in addition to xMedia's version), or for some other reason entirely.

I have quite a bit of underbrush left in my Library/Application Support/Adobe/XMP folder, and not sure what I can safely delete.

Am I making sense? Thanks in advance.
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 04:33:26 PM »

Mike,
I see now.
I'm on vacation at the moment, and don't have this on the machine I'm working with.

If you get no response soon, repost and that will flag me to pull the panel I have back at the studio.
Peter
roberte

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 09:25:59 PM »

Hi,

xMedia (and iView) have yet to be updated for CS3. If you don't mind getting your hands dirty you can move the Custom Panels in to CS3 yourself. Mr Beardsworth has made a template you can download here:

http://beardsworth.co.uk/iview.php

Click on the Bridge scripts link.

-- Robert.

mikeseb
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 04:14:56 PM »

Guys, thanks for replying. The problem seems to have fixed itself, not sure how. iVMP/xM custom information (catalog sets, people, custom fields) is now showing up in the Photoshop file information panel.

Supposedly xM (just like iVMP before it) installs its own Bridge/PS custom file info panel during xM's installation. All such files go into  ~Library | Application Support | Adobe | XMP | Custom File Info Panels, either under the user's home folder or under the main hard drive folder. Checking both of these locations on my mac, I have a thicket of files there, among them three that apply. One is "Expression Media.txt" which must be the one xM installed; also the original iVMP version for 3.1, along with John Beardsworth's modified version. By a process of elimination I determined that only Beardsworth's modified version actually works, so even the one installed by xM has not been made ready for CS3, as was pointed out in a preceding post.

Man, i gotta do some file system culling, if only I knew what I can toss and what i can save.put there such as the customized file info panels under the "XMP" folder there. Not sure what came from what version, and what I can safely discard.

Must be time for a new mac I can start fresh on! Smiley My wife is not convinced.

I'll be glad when I can get hold of scripts to allow easy transfer of this xM custom data into Lightroom. I rely heavily on catalog sets and custom fields in xM, and don't have the scripting skills to do this myself.

Thanks again folks.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: