Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Keywording in Expression Media
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 16, 2019, 02:14:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Keywording in Expression Media
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Keywording in Expression Media  (Read 6891 times)
thomas

View Profile WWW Email
« on: June 25, 2007, 12:59:32 PM »

I set up my Catalogs primarily using keywords to find my images, the last two years ive been using portfolio 7 and i like the way you add keywords ( Type in the keyword and hit return then just type another keyword and hit returm) it was fast and intuitive>
I just purchased Expression Media and ive read up and down the owners manual to find the best way to apply keywords, the only way i have found its totally unintuitive, which is you double click on the keyword pane on the left of the browser and it enters the keyword, but when you want to add another keyword you have to double click again in the keyword field, am i missing something here or doing something wrong.
Looking forward to your advice-Thanks
roberte

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 03:02:47 PM »

Hi Thomas,

Try the Keywords tab in the Info panel as it works similar to Portfolio. You can also drag and drop keywords. Or display them under the thumbnails (cmd/ctrl+J) then quickly tab between them using ctrl+arrow key.

There are many more ways to skin a cat(alog). Download and view/read Shayne Bowman's excellent podcasts and PDFs:

http://news.iview-multimedia.com/wordpress/?p=3

There are also excerpts from Peter's DAM Book and the iView manual.

-- Robert.

thomas

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 07:06:19 PM »

Thanks a million Roberte
thomas

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 05:28:09 PM »

Hi Thomas,

Try the Keywords tab in the Info panel as it works similar to Portfolio. You can also drag and drop keywords. Or display them under the thumbnails (cmd/ctrl+J) then quickly tab between them using ctrl+arrow key.

There are many more ways to skin a cat(alog). Download and view/read Shayne Bowman's excellent podcasts and PDFs:

http://news.iview-multimedia.com/wordpress/?p=3

There are also excerpts from Peter's DAM Book and the iView manual.

-- Robert.

Hi Robert, even though i watched the video in your link and and tried the advice you gave me i still cant find a fast intuitive way to add keywords in expression media, i usually add keywords to one image at a time ...adding multiple keywords...from what i found in expression, you have to double click the keyword field to type in another keyword, thats to time consuming, what i was hoping for was you just type a keyword into the field then hit RETURN and then just type another keyword in...not this double click stuff, can anybody direct me to a more detailed explanation on how to add keywords in Expression Media...Thanks everyone in advance.
wprasek

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 12:25:47 AM »

i normally double-click once in the keyword field (yes it's annoying, why can't it be just a single-click? argh) then type multiple keywords separated by commas. I also use the Controlled Vocabulary Keyword Catalog (CVKC) for a huge pre-built list of synonyms etc.

I'm using iView 3.12 though i understand it's virtually identical to EM.
roberte

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 10:44:36 AM »

Hi Thomas,

I prefer to drag and drop images onto keywords. This works if your keyword list isn't too long. iView MediaPro 1 worked as you suggested using autofill after you type a couple of letters. Maybe you could ask Microsoft to re-instate the old method. Expression Media SP1 promises new features.

-- Robert.

thomas

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 11:12:58 AM »

Thanks Robert & wprasek
thomas

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 11:58:03 PM »

i normally double-click once in the keyword field (yes it's annoying, why can't it be just a single-click? argh) then type multiple keywords separated by commas. I also use the Controlled Vocabulary Keyword Catalog (CVKC) for a huge pre-built list of synonyms etc.

Hey wprasek where do you get the (CVKC) at?
wprasek

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2007, 02:22:18 AM »

buy it for $70usd at controlledvocabulary.com. very highly recommended, will save you many hours of typing synonyms etc. there's also a version for lightroom now - you get 1 yr of free updates and can download as many different formats as you want (for iView, lightroom etc). the author, david riecks is a very nice guy and always posts on DAM forums - v.helpful.

Hey wprasek where do you get the (CVKC) at?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: