Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
IIP questions: metadata practices and more
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2020, 01:38:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  IIP questions: metadata practices and more
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: IIP questions: metadata practices and more  (Read 4242 times)
andreiz

View Profile Email
« on: June 24, 2007, 10:06:01 PM »

Just started testing IIP and have a couple of questions.

1. Which metadata field do people here use to preserve the original filename (via {@filename} macro)?

2. It seems that some metadata info can be entered multiple ways. Peter's book recommends creating a metadata template in Photoshop and entering all the common bulk data there. However, the ImageIngester.xmp template has all the fields macroed, and it looks like I'd have to supply the values in the Metadata panel. Which way is preferred? I'm just an amateur photographer, so I have no use for contacts, jobs, clients, etc right now.

-Andrei
andreiz

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 10:25:12 PM »

Another question:

3. I'm using IIP to migrate some original RAW files that were adjusted ACR before and have sidecars. Will IIP preserve these sidecars when ingesting a folder?

-Andrei
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 07:41:27 PM »

Andrei--

1. I'll let some experienced photographers answer this one.

2. In the new version, 2.3, which is available in beta, there is a new streamlined way to set up a metadata template. It's more reliable and simpler than the old way, which required that an XMP file be modified.

3. I think I answered this one in another thread. If there's a sidecar, IIP won't supply its own, and neither will it modify the existing one.

--Marc

andreiz

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 08:42:13 PM »

2. In the new version, 2.3, which is available in beta, there is a new streamlined way to set up a metadata template. It's more reliable and simpler than the old way, which required that an XMP file be modified.
--Marc

I'm actually using 2.3 beta right now. Are you referring to the ImageIngester.xmp that has macros in it and the values for these macros are provided through Metadata panel?

-Andrei
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 09:30:14 PM »

Andrei--

Yes... with 2.3 (the recent betas), you use ImageIngester-IPTC as your template, and then you use one of the Metadata Presets (e.g., Standard). That puts the metadata into the sidecar without your having to edit the template yourself.

It's all explained here: http://basepath.com/ImageIngester/iiblog.php?url=blogentry/2007-05-16.htm.

--Marc

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: