Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Does Expression look/feel like iView?
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 16, 2019, 02:39:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Does Expression look/feel like iView?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Does Expression look/feel like iView?  (Read 4325 times)
billseymour

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2007, 09:52:14 AM »

I am test driving iView Pro along with a few other DAM packages right now.

My Q: Can any of the 'early users' of Expression Media report in on whether Expression retains the general user interface 'feel' of iView? I find iView very easy to navigate and perform tasks, and so natural concern is whether Expression is keeping this 'user feel' or revamping it wholesale.

I personally take some comfort in some of the complaints that Expression is 'not different enough' from iView. Apart from the (legitimate) issue in terms of a price bump, the fact that Expression operates in a similar manner might not be such a bad thing. (Of course, I still don't understand why there is that 1.8gig size limit)

Thanks for any feedback. --Bill
roberte

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 02:34:17 PM »

Hi Bill,

Yes xMedia feels the same. For better or worse Microsoft Expression Media 1.0 is just iView MediaPro 3.2 with new icons.

-- Robert.

dhirensmiles

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 04:57:00 PM »

Hi Bill

Yes, I agree - Expression Media is pretty much the same to drive, tweaked a bit here and there. Might be my imagination, but I think it may be a tad quicker too... I have been opening my existing catalogs from iView with Expression without issue, and creating new ones too. I have backups of my iView catalogs on a separate drive just in case, but am using XMedia for most processes. Fortunately the look of Expression Media retains the DNA of it's splendid roots and has not been given too much of the MS treatment (ever used media center on XP? - so wrong).

cheers

dhiren ; )

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: