The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2014, 09:26:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28021 Posts in 5141 Topics by 2910 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Aperture
| | |-+  DAM for New Duo Core
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: DAM for New Duo Core  (Read 3556 times)
hsakols

View Profile Email
« on: June 05, 2007, 07:56:28 AM »

I'm considering upgrading from a Mac G4 to a new duo core Imac.  My image files are all from film in either psd or tiff format and can be quite large 150-700 megs.  I want to easily compare duplicate images, organize, and generate web templates that are simple looking yet easy to edit. Being a film photographer who does not take thousands of images a year am I better off finding a version of Iview Media Pro or would Aperture fit my needs.  I am also a school teacher and like some of the scrap book features of Aperture for my small digital files. I can get 50% off the price of aperture being an educator by profession so price is not really an issue.
dexter

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 08:03:13 AM »

hsakols,
          You can download a trial version of Lightroom or Aperture to determine if either fit your needs.

Dexter
hsakols

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 09:07:52 AM »

unfortunately aperture will not run on my G4 Tower.  Lightroom is out of the question because of file size limitations.
dexter

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 09:54:26 AM »

unfortunately aperture will not run on my G4 Tower

hsakols,
          Not entirely true. I have Aperture running on one of my G4 towers albeit slow but you can get a feel for the programs' organizational features. The instructions are on the internet.

Given your workflow I would go with iView.

Dexter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: