Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Expression Media Problems
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 16, 2019, 02:28:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Expression Media Problems
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Expression Media Problems  (Read 4017 times)
BillRogers

View Profile Email
« on: June 05, 2007, 04:52:46 AM »

I do not know if others have experienced these problems.

1. The search box in the upper right corner of the screen causes the program to crash. Whenever I attempt to search, I get a dialog box that says "Expression Media has encountered a problem and must close."

2. Microsoft has changed the "HTML Gallery" function. I use the "Pola Frame" style to create a slide show for my website. With ExMedia, longer filenames (my image filenames are 11 characters long) are being changed, and a tilde (~) character is inserted. My website provider (Yahoo) will not accept a tilde in a filename.

I will continue to use iView until Microsoft issues an update to ExMedia, then check again to see if the problems have been fixed.

Microsoft has managed to pull defeat from the jaws of victory! Way to go.

Bill Rogers
Sidman, PA
www.br-digiphoto.com
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 05:22:49 AM »

Bill

I can't replicate the crash on Windows XP.

But you seem right about the filenames. Yuck.

John
piratejabez

tanuki86
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 08:15:34 PM »

I also haven't gotten the crash on my PowerBook. On the contrary, I have found that my command-f search function, which for me has frustratingly never worked on any version if iView, now does.

What upsets me about EM is the fact that it does not import any of your preferences or templates from iVMP. I also find the icons harder to decipher--the colored ones from iV were recognizable at a glance. Good thing I never use them anyway. I agree with J Harding:

I recently received the email with the link for the free upgrade to Expression Media. What did I upgrade to?

I don’t see any significant changes except for the fact that I lost my preferences that I had set up, as well as the Rapid Fixer, and the Digital Railroad plugins. Is this just a transparent upgrade to handle the metamorphosis for the change over to Microsoft and their future support? Are there additional bells and whistles I haven’t seen yet? Do I need to uninstall the original iView software?

I feel I'm in the dark on this new upgrade???

J Harding
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: