Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
IIP crashes after DNG conversion (verification only) but before opening Bridge
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2020, 12:57:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  IIP crashes after DNG conversion (verification only) but before opening Bridge
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: IIP crashes after DNG conversion (verification only) but before opening Bridge  (Read 2387 times)
Harry Hull

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2007, 05:06:19 PM »

I'm a new IIP 2.2.04 user and have just paid for a license. I'm running the program in IIP mode on a Power Mac G5 with OS 10.4.9, the latest Adobe DNG converter (4.1), and latest Bridge CS3 (2.1.0.100). After working flawlessly once yesterday, IIP now crashes immediately after it completes the DNG conversion ("for verification only") and does NOT open Bridge CS3 as configured in my IIP preferences. The files (NEF camera RAW) are in the proper destination folder on the computer hard drive, and the media card is ejected as requested.

I've triple-checked the preference settings so that the paths to the DNG Converter and Bridge are correct. I've tried using IIP with Bridge already open and not open, but this doesn't seem to make a difference. (Also open, though inactive, are Photoshop CS3, Acrobat, and Expression Media (upgraded from iViewMedia Pro. Safari and Apple Mail were also open, but I was not using them--or any other program--during the ingestion.)

In case it's relevant, my preference settings are:
FOLDERS
Choose Card
Primary Root Folder: /Users/harryhull/Photo Downloads
Pre-Conversion Backup Root: /Users/harryhull/Pictures/ImageIngesterBackup
Post-Conversion Backup Root: [not used]

APPS
Viewer: /Applications/Adobe Bridge CS3/Bridge CS3.app
DNG Processing: Run DNG Converter, Verify only; path /Applications/Adobe DNG Converter.app
JPEG Processing: Verify JPGs
ImageIngesterPro: Update Check

NAMING
Image File Name: Prefix_YYMMDD_0001
Folder Arrangement and Names: [none] (Destination Folder only)

INGESTION
Automation: Auto Ingest
Extensions: Include: NEF JPG RAW

DATA
I haven't changed the defaults

Any suggestions? I'm enjoying the program, but this crash behavior is disturbing.
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 05:10:43 PM »

Harry--

I sent you an email with some questions and suggestions. You can follow up via private email and then I'll post the results here when the problem is resolved.

--Marc

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: