Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Expression Media Serial Number
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 16, 2019, 02:36:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Expression Media Serial Number
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Expression Media Serial Number  (Read 21461 times)
dexter

View Profile Email
« on: June 01, 2007, 10:08:40 AM »

Hi all,

Recieved my upgrade today, downloaded and installed the program but Expression Media doesn't accept the supplied serial.

Does anyone have the same experience ?

Dexter
dexter

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 10:15:07 AM »

Hmmmm,
             Upon further investigation it seems as though only the Windows serials work.

Dexter
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 10:45:01 AM »

Yes, best to follow this problem over at iView's forum. I've a Mac as well as my PC, and the serial number is only working on the PC - where the program is unusable because of a bug in the Organize panel.

Version 1 has no new features, is supposed to have bug fixes but doesn't fix ones users reported ages ago, and there are new serious bugs on the PC. I'm biting my tongue here, but....

John
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 10:53:37 AM »

This is what they say:
"Unfortunately it appears we've suffered a issue with our Mac license deployment and a number of Mac users were incorrectly issued Windows codes. Although it is too early to put the finger on what exactly went wrong please rest assured that the team are working hard to address the issue and to get valid Mac licenses as a matter of urgency.
At this point we're looking to restock the Mac licenses in the database and resend the announcement email as soon as we can.
Regards,
Tim."
dexter

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 11:14:39 AM »

John,

As always on top of it. Thanks for your help.

Dexter
msknyc

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 01:41:46 PM »

Does Expression media install as a new program, so you can still run Iview?

Thanx,

~Mark S. Kornbluth
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 01:49:04 PM »

Yes, and contrary to the documentation you can open and save catalogues in either program (however, I wouldn't do so). Views, templates, vocabs, scripts etc need copying to the appropriate place, and there's a scripting issue on the Mac (something to do with localisation that I don't understand). Otherwise they're so similar it's as if nothing's changed....

If you're on Windows, I recommend waiting for the Organize panel bug to be fixed.

John
msknyc

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 02:14:48 PM »

Thanks.

I'm on MAC, so I'll have to wait for the serial number bug to be fixed...

~Mark

(went from PC user to MAC lover...)
dexter

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 11:08:25 PM »

Just got a new serial from Microsoft. Program boots fine. Time for some tests.

Dexter
pvonk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2007, 06:19:44 AM »

I got the Mac serial number yesterday, entered it, pressed "continue" and nothing happened - I just got back to the main window (no confirmation of correct entry).  I then choose "Enter serial number" (or whatever the menu is) and had a blank text box to enter the number.  So I entered it again with the same result.  Looking at the About window, there's a number entered (not the serial number, but some other long number - not sure it that is an indication of having the app registered or not).

Later, I closed EM and reinvoked it.  Now the "Enter serial number" no longer appears.  Does this mean EM is properly registered?  For those of you who have not had your serial number work - what happened?  Did you get an error window or some indication that it didn't work?

- Pierre
Butch_M

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 12:49:28 PM »

I just now (June 5) downloaded Expression Media, hadn't the chance when the email arrived on June 1. Got the serial number and entered it, all went fine ... so far ... won't have time to play with it until later on in the week. Doesn't appear to be anything to get excited about yet, except for the new icon. :Smiley

Butch
frankgindc

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 01:59:17 PM »

I've never seen a program commit suicide like this before -- and in so undignified a fashion.   I'm not a MS basher (I bought iView after it was acquired by MS, after all), and I'm not as advanced in DAM as many of the folks in this forum, but this type of thing is exactly why I have no confidence in iView/EM going forward.   Zero.

Frank
dhirensmiles

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2007, 02:04:22 AM »

Hi Dexter,

I downloaded the .dmg file with Expression Media when it was announced by email, but did not install straight away - I always wait a few days to check the fallout... I saw announcements regarding the serial number issue, and waited until I got the second email with number. Expression Media installed fine, I can access all my existing iView catalogs, they look and work the same - all my settings are preserved, RAW file previews work (olympus .ORF) When the spash screen shows, my details and number do not seem to appear - is this normal?

I am happy with the transition so far - I have used iView since 2003 and after trepidation about MS buying iView, (I do not have any MS software on my Mac) I will continue to use it unless something better comes along or MS take the application down a road which does not fit my DAM needs. I have to say, Peters' book and iView have enabled me to organise over 30 years of shots in a simple elegant system - currently scanning 35mm work from late 1970's.... thank goodness for batch scanning, and Peter Krogh!  Cheesy

dhiren

dexter

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2007, 02:20:20 AM »

Hello dhiren,
                 Welcome to the forum. Glad the system is working for you. I've had only a few issues so far (knock on wood) but, I do want to thank the senior members of this forum Peter, John, Dan, Rick, Marc, Allan etc for all of their help to keep our DAM in a good working order. Thank You.

Regards                
Dexter
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 01:30:27 PM by dexter » Logged
mikeseb
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2007, 08:49:57 PM »

I must have missed something; I downloaded the "trial" version of expression media a month or more ago. I am a registered iview media pro 3.x user so i'm eligible for the free upgrade to EM, but I did not receive an email notification that the "real" version of EM has become available. I am also not seeing where to download it yet, either, so I'm really a doofus I suppose.

Any suggestions appreciated!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: