The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 11:44:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28019 Posts in 5139 Topics by 2910 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Aperture
| | |-+  Wrong time zone in IPTC
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Wrong time zone in IPTC  (Read 3471 times)
ahelg

View Profile Email
« on: May 30, 2007, 03:50:46 PM »

When I view the IPTC info of my pictures in Aperture, they have BDT at the end. Thing is, these pictures were taken in England, which is GMT. Is this something that is set by the camera or Aperture? I´ve never actually seen the time zone mentioned in other software. I noticed it when I exported some pictures to a web gallery and all the pictures had BDT at the end of them.
ianw

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 04:35:53 PM »

The BDT timezone refers to Bangladesh so you're only 6 hours and almost 5,000 miles out!

I can't help you with how you got into this position though.  It's probably the camera but could be your computer.  You're on a Mac as it's Aperture, but you don't state the camera model.

Ian
ahelg

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 09:09:26 AM »

I'm using a D70, which was purchased in Norway.

My Mac's system clock is set to BST, and yes I've double checked Aperture. It says BDT not BST.
dexter

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 09:40:14 AM »

aheig,

Can't you do a batch change and under Time Adjustment select the relevant time ?

Dexter
ahelg

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 10:15:26 AM »

Well I've now discovered that there's nothing wrong. Turns out that in this case BDT stands for British Day Time. I discovered this while browsing the official Aperture forums. Seems I'm not the only one frustrated by this. Personally I would have thought it would make much more sense to list BST or GMT which is what is displayed in Mac OS X. At least if they used GMT, there would be no doubt what they meant. After all, most people would not think that BDT was british time.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: