Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
GPS tagging in IIP beta 2.3.01B6 (Mac only)
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 29, 2020, 07:26:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  GPS tagging in IIP beta 2.3.01B6 (Mac only)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: GPS tagging in IIP beta 2.3.01B6 (Mac only)  (Read 2841 times)
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« on: May 26, 2007, 01:55:23 PM »

An IIP user asked me about GPS tagging, and I told him I would think it about someday, but then I bought a Garmin 60CSx and got hooked. So, it's in Beta 6. It can read GPX files or directly from Garmin or Magellan devices, and it can tag JPEGs, DNGs, and most raws. IIP uses ExifTool to write into the files, so they're "officially" tagged, without relying on the flakey sidecar approach.

Here's what you do: Set your camera's clock (very important if you shoot while moving), turn on your device and set it to track, and shoot the pictures. Then, just connect the device when you ingest, click a button to read in the GPS data, and ingest as you normally do. That's all!

You can read all the details on my ImageIngester Blog at http://basepath.com/ImageIngester/iiblog.php?url=blogentry/2007-05-26.htm.

--Marc

grahamR

grweb@msn.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 09:21:00 AM »

Marc.. please port this function over to the windows version.. i beg of you.. Tongue

i have all but given up on tagging my images in the past few months because i could never find a simple solution that would work with IIP... well sir.. i think you just wrote one.. don't make me buy a mac for this Cheesy

-- Graham
grahamR

grweb@msn.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 09:31:04 AM »

well i just found your post in the GPS forum.. looks like i jumped the gun a bit, but i must say i didn't see the beta on your site... stupid Mondays.

I will test this out with my 60C when i get home (not lucky enough to get the CX upgrade lol)

-- Graham
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: