The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 09:37:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28020 Posts in 5140 Topics by 2910 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Welcome to the DAM Forum
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Welcome to the DAM Forum  (Read 14164 times)
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: September 15, 2005, 12:44:18 PM »

I have put this forum online to give you a place to discuss any DAM problems you have.  This can include any questions you have related to my book, or questions you have about DAM issues that are not in my book.  I'll do my best to answer any questions I can.  

Thanks for participating.
Peter Krogh
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 02:51:51 PM by peterkrogh » Logged
Lillian

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 02:39:01 PM »

Hey Fellow DamBook Users,       I have probably a dumb ?  but haven't been able to find an answer to it via Adobe PS Help...  Somehow when I want to open an image via  right-clicking on the image /going to open with,  it is saying that my default is CS2  even though I am using CS3.  This also happens when I open an attached pic file from an email - my computer automatically  chooses CS2  as the default. How do I change this default setting to open in CS3?  Hopefully I don't have to erase all my other settings in Preference.  Also Should I remove my CS2 program from my C drive?
PS: I use Windows XP operating system...

Thank you for your insights !   Lillian

markpirozzi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 03:22:13 PM »

Lillian, this probably should have been a separate post.

Nobody responded, so I'll take a stab at it even though I've been using a Mac the last 4 years.  Can you right click on a PS file, choose 'Open With' and see a choice something like 'Browse' ?  if so, choose that and navigate to the PS SC3 application file. Somewhere along this navigation trek, see if there is a check box to make this the default application for that type of file.  If you are not sure where the application file is right off, find it before using Open With.  I often help with Windows by just Googling a few key words of what I want to do and usually tutorials are available.

After I see the latest version of PS is working for me, I remove the old version.

Mark

Mac OSX 10.7, 2009 MacPro
ElsieHull

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 01:11:02 PM »

Hi Peter,

I took your workshop several years ago.  I was trying to move my iView Pro 3 software  Version 3.0.1 to a new computer which then asked me for my license number which I can't locate.  I like the software as it has worked well for me.  I now see that Iview no longer exists.  What software should I be using to catalog my pictures.  Is there any way of getting a license?  I did post a message under iView but was nervous no one would see it as the messages there stopped last year.  Your advice much appreciated.

Elsie Hull
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 07:18:53 PM »

Elsie,
If you can't get your iView serial number, then I'd suggest Expression Media, which is what iView turned in to.
Peter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: