Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
ImageIngester Pro to automatically start?
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2020, 01:43:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  ImageIngester Pro to automatically start?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ImageIngester Pro to automatically start?  (Read 4391 times)
AlanDunne

View Profile Email
« on: April 09, 2007, 03:05:15 PM »

I am on Windows XP pro SP2. Does anyone know how to make IIP automatically start, but not auto ingest, when I plug my CF ard into my card reader? Ever since I installed Lightroom it automatically starts up when I plug in the CF card and I cannot seem to stop it in spite of turning of the preference to "do nothing" when I insert a card. I do not want to use Lightroom at this stage of my workflow, at least not yet.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Cheers ... Alan
Jake

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 04:17:18 PM »

Alan, your Subject Line says IIP but your message talks about LR. If LR is the one starting up, is the Adobe Downloader icon showing in your System Tray? If so, right click on it, disable, and see if this works. If it does then here is how to remove it according to "LightRoom Extras"  This worked for me.

Jake

"Lightroom opens automatically

Using Windows XP, Lightroom opens automatically whenever I put in a USB Flash drive or turn on my scanner.

Try disabling the Adobe Downloader app. It is probably calling LR thinking you want to pass images to it.

How to disable the Adobe Downloader (Windows)

1) In msconfig remove the tick from apdproxy, then reboot. You may need to do this twice.

2) You can remove Adobe downloader from the Registry auto run with a utility like msconfig or Autoruns, but it may be added again the next time you start Lightroom.
For definitive removal, you need to go to Lightroom, Edit / Preferences / File Management and in 'When a memory card is detected:' drop down list
select 'Do nothing' and Adobe Photo Downloader(apdproxy) will be gone for good.

3)  Another option is, right click on the Adobe Photo Downloader icon in the system tray next to your clock and click "Disable". 
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 05:28:16 PM »

Alan--

I think you set the startup options for a device by right clicking on the device in Windows Explorer and selecting the AutoPlay tab (I might not have the name of the tab quite right).

--Marc

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: