Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Off to Down Under
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 16, 2019, 12:16:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  DAM Workshops
| | |-+  Off to Down Under
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Off to Down Under  (Read 7928 times)
alyson
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: March 28, 2007, 08:20:05 AM »

Here's the fancy press release for Peter's lectures in  New Zealand and Australia.  If you're interested in attending, or taking a trip, you can visit AIPP's website. Click on Events, then National events to register.

Let the Press Release begin!

(Notice Guru is capitalized)

PETER KROGH’S DAM WORKFLOW PRESENTED BY NIKON AUSTRALIA

DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHERS ARE DROWNING IN DATA

The AIPP are pleased to announce that Digital Asset Management (DAM) Guru Peter Krogh is coming to Australia and New Zealand for a limited series of workshops from 25 May to 1 June 2007. Nikon Australia is proudly sponsoring the event.

The workshops will demystify DAM and reveal practical techniques for securing the long term storage of digital images. Photographers and other creative professionals have amassed terabytes of valuable data since the boom in digital imaging and are now struggling to manage it.

“Peters knowledge on the subject is the best in the world. When it comes to DAM for photographers, Peter Krogh literally wrote the book on the subject?, said professional photographer and DAM consultant Robert Edwards.

The one-day workshops will be held in Sydney (25 May 2007), Melbourne (28 May 2007), Brisbane (30 May 2007), and Auckland (1 June 2007). Costs including GST to AIPP, ACMP, AGDA, and NPS Members is $165.00, Student/Assistant Members are $82.50, and non-Members are $275.00. To book visit the new AIPP online store at www.aipp.com.au/store/ and go to the events section.

The AIPP would like to thank these generous sponsors without whom this event would not be possible: Nikon Australia (Major Sponsor), Epson Australia, L&P Phase One, iView Multimedia, Adobe, O’Reilly Media, Momento Photo Books, and DAMsimple.

Note to Editors
For further information or to arrange interviews with Peter Krogh please contact Robert Edwards, robert@damsimple.com or by telephone 0411 384 429. A reviewer’s copy of Peter Krogh’s book “The DAM Book? is available on request.

About Peter Krogh
Peter Krogh is a commercial photographer (www.peterkrogh.com) based in Kensington USA, author of The DAM Book (www.thedambook.com), an Adobe alpha tester for Photoshop, Bridge and Lightroom. Peter is on the ASMP Board (American Society of Media Photographers) and instigated the push for digital photographic standards that is now UPDIG (www.updig.org).

About The AIPP
Founded in 1963, the AIPP is a not-for-profit organisation run voluntarily for and by professional photographers and industry representatives who seek to set a standard of excellence within the photographic industry.

The AIPP strives to promote and maintain the highest standards of professional competence and business ethics in the industry. The AIPP maintains a rigorous entry criteria and a binding Code of Ethics for members, as well as providing ongoing education via seminars, workshops and events for the photographic industry.

AIPP Committees represent members on important issues such as copyright; taxation, legal and business matters; insurance; digital imaging and work practices.

djaef

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 09:57:22 PM »

Hi,
I was wondering if there was more information available about the seminars. The Press Release says "The workshops will demystify DAM and reveal practical techniques for securing the long term storage of digital images." Lovely. But I'd like to know more. For example. Are the workshops aimed at people who have yet to read the book? Would it be a valuable seminar for someone who has read the book and has begun to implement the strategies outlined therein? Or are the seminars more aimed at people who already have read the book?
Cheers

Geoff
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 07:06:23 PM »

Geoff,
I'm told by people that the programs are valuable even for those who have read and understand the book.  A good bit of the material is stuff that will end up in the next book, once I start writing it and get it published.

One of the things I do is to frame the way that multiple applications can work together, and how to think about the forward migration of your archive.

I'll also be showing my current workflow, which puts several software solutions together in a very zippy way.

It's hard to know if it will be of use to you, specifically.  As always, I try to make programs that work for both the newbie, and the old hand.  The general feedback I receive is that it does provide value for both.
Peter
chris shain

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 08:58:27 PM »

it sure went off down under ! - what a fantastic workshop, very clear message and very professional presentation  - I can highly recommend Peter's full day workshop to anyone at any stage in their carreer - the sydney workshop had a heap of students as well as some grey hairs like me, I got the impression that everyone got lots of ideas from the workshop. I've read the book since it was first released (still absorbing !) and I got heaps by having those principles in the book given by practical demonstration.   

Well done Peter and thanks for taking the time out to get here. 

Chris

peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 03:13:39 PM »

Chris,
Thanks for the note.  It was a pleasure to be in your wonderful country, and to enjoy the hospitality of AIPP.  (Great to meet you, as well). Hope to be back again soon.
Peter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: