Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Sony (Cybershot) GPS Device
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 03, 2020, 04:16:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  GPS/ Geotagging
| | |-+  Sony (Cybershot) GPS Device
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Sony (Cybershot) GPS Device  (Read 32791 times)
h2so4

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2007, 08:00:49 PM »

I wrote a small application to deal with NEF format -  Nikon Raw files, to match GPS data from SONY CS1 with NEF files and write into them. Similar with SONY own GPS Images Tracker: Find it here:

http://www.nikonfans.org/index.php/gps4nef/

Any question, Please feel free to let me know.

Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2007, 09:54:44 AM »

Just to tie this thread with one in the ImageIngester section: A new beta for IIP (Mac only for now) can automatically tag images with GPS data on ingestion. It can tag raw files, too, as long as the subsystem it uses for writing into files (ExifTool) can handle them. This includes common formats like NEF and CR2, and also most DNGs. Many other raw formats are supported as well. JPEGs, too, of course.

I'm very interested in someone trying this new IIP version with the Sony device. Anyone?

--Marc

David
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2007, 10:29:32 PM »

Marc

This is great. I am thinking of buying the Sony GPS and when I do I will let you know how it works with II.

David
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2007, 06:28:52 AM »

OK, thanks, David. I've just posted a new Windows beta with the GPS tagging feature, so it's on both platforms.

--Marc

Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2007, 06:39:29 AM »

I'll be putting direct support for the Sony GPS-CS1 into IIP over the next few days. At that point IIP will be able to access Garmin, Magellan, and Sony devices directly, or any other device via a GPX file.

IIP also has two other features that are essential:

1. Setting the time zone that the camera was set to when the photos were taken, in case it's different from the computer's time zone. (The GPS data itself is UTC/GMT.)

2. Compensating for errors in the camera's clock. Some cameras (e.g., Leica M8) can't be set to the second, so this is necessary to get accurate GPS interpolation.

The Sony support will be in Windows Beta 2.3.01B9 and Mac Beta 2.3.01B12.

--Marc

David
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2007, 05:32:56 PM »

The Sony GPS device has been discontinued in Canada and the US. It appears there is a replacement in the US (a new model number is on the sonystyle website) but not in Canada and no one at Sony can tell me anything...
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: