Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Metadata Template Problems
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 05, 2020, 11:27:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  Metadata Template Problems
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Metadata Template Problems  (Read 4471 times)
chrisgreen

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2007, 06:25:36 PM »

I guess I've been out to lunch for a bit. I've been messing around with CS3, the latest Bridge update, upgrading to the licensed IIPro, upgrading now to the latest beta (Mac). Finally, today I notice that the metadata template I've been using for IIPro ingestions for quite sometime is not working. I've ingested a batch of photos about 10 times today using a variety of scenarios, and not once do I see the metadata applied. I've tried looking at the files in Bridge CS2, CS3, iView, Lightroom... nothing, no metadata is being applied. What's going on?

cg
chrisgreen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 06:35:40 PM »

OK, now that I am forcing myself to go through this in detail I am discovering that the template will work, but there is something wrong going on. It appears to be something with the use of the Quick Fields. Maybe I'll figure something out soon. One candidate is the use of a colon character ':' in one of the Quick Fields.
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 06:58:13 PM »

Could be, Chris... let me know if that's it. Perhaps it needs to be escaped. If so, I'll figure out the rules.

--Marc

chrisgreen

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 05:01:53 AM »

i think this is it... i was trying to use a colon character in a quick field that was getting used in a macro in my metadata template. probably the first time i've ever done that, so that's why it was never seen before. i got caught up reading about bridge beta problems and who know what else. the issue became confusing.

in any case... i changed the colon character to a comma, and all was fine. the problem was that with the colon character in there, the xmp sidecar that iipro created was apparently unreadable by anything! the xmp sidecar was there, but none of the metadata was being displayed (brides cs3, cs2, iview, lightroom). try doing it, and see if i'm not crazy.
Tom

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 04:21:11 AM »

This is not a problem of the program but a lacl of understanding on how this is best used. I have my statc data set up but then I get all of these @ipstatus etc items in the other sections of the data when imported. I think I would actually like to use some of these fields but not certain what the best way to do this is and where I enter the data. I find the database sheet but if I enter an item  will that always saty on that sheet or is that only for one ingestion and if it stays can one select the number one wants on later imports.
I think I can get rid of all teh extraneous @ data by just doing a completely new metadata template with all but that removed, however if it is or will be useful I would like to be able to use it effectively.
If someone has a sample I would appreciate seeing it and how it is helpful.
Thanks.
Tom
Tom

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 07:14:04 PM »

New question?
Is it possible to alphabetize the Keywords in the Metadata table on the keyword list?
Thanks,

Tom
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 02:17:33 PM »

There's no button for that, Tom... Actually, I thought I was doing it. What platform are you on?

--Marc

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: