Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Interesting Delays Cause Confusion
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 29, 2020, 10:13:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Lightroom
| | |-+  Interesting Delays Cause Confusion
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Interesting Delays Cause Confusion  (Read 3468 times)
Mel_Lammers

View Profile Email
« on: February 21, 2007, 08:00:04 AM »

I have found that Red Eye removal, moving to a different folder and some other actions all can experience significant delays that lead one to believe they are not working/something is wrong.

It seems that LR is working in the background and we don't know it. For instance, after Syncing Metada for a folder with 6000 photos appears to be finished [beep set and it sounds] there is still significant processing going on for several more minutes [according to disk access light on computer].

Has anyone else experienced this? Maybe a result of computer speed? Although one would think that a Core 2 Duo 6600 with 2 GB RAM and fast SATA HDDs would be sufficient.

Is there a way to see that LR is still working that I am missing [short of going into task manager and looking at CPU activity]? Huh

Mel
Randy Sailer

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 10:43:02 AM »

I noticed that the "Find" (on the left panel) function didn't work until I let the program process for a while. I am guessing it was doing some database indexing...

Randy
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 11:06:15 AM »

Randy

If you can avoid using "all text", Find seems to be much more responsive. I'm not sure quite how widely "all text" is defined.

John
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: