Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
New betas with more Lightroom support; per-image macros; Universal Binary
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2020, 10:08:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  New betas with more Lightroom support; per-image macros; Universal Binary
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New betas with more Lightroom support; per-image macros; Universal Binary  (Read 4116 times)
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« on: February 16, 2007, 02:03:57 PM »

You'll find version 2.2.01, for both platforms, labeled as a beta on the download page, although the app itself doesn't display that notation. Lightroom Develop settings are now added to the Camera Raw drop-down on the main window, which has now been renamed Camera Raw/Develop drop-down. II and IIP translate the Lightroom templates (lrtemplate extension) to XMP, and it seems to work just fine.

Also, four macros that weren't working properly in a metadata template, because that had per-image values, are now working properly.

Finally, the Mac version is now a Universal Binary. There's no speedup unless you're verifying JPEGs, which seems to have improved by 20%. The reason for the absence of a speedup, as I predicted, is that (except for JPEG verification), nearly all of what II does is in OS X system calls (if not I/O itself), and those were already running as native code. DNG Converter has been a Universal Binary for a while, so there's no speedup there, either.

By all means try out the beta and give me feedback, but check your early results carefully before using it for real. This is especially important on Intel Macs.

--Marc

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: