Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
IIP Win 2.1.06, for photographers east of Greenwich, England
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 05, 2020, 11:00:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  IIP Win 2.1.06, for photographers east of Greenwich, England
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: IIP Win 2.1.06, for photographers east of Greenwich, England  (Read 2785 times)
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« on: February 06, 2007, 10:26:24 AM »

I had strange reports from some users of an error when launching IIP, all of whom were extremely helpful in finding the problem. After lots of email I learned that they were all in Europe or Asia, and today I reproduced the problem by pretending to be in Berlin. No kidding... the bug was caused by generating a negative time, because I was using a time of 1-Jan-1970 00:00:00 as something I referred to as the "distant past." (Computer programmers will know exactly what this problem was.) Once I knew what was wrong, I could reproduce it even on my Vista system here, and that meant that I found the solution in about 10 sec.

Anyway, Version 2.1.06 fixes this bug and should work for all Earthlings. If you leave the planet, just keep your computer clock set to one of our Earth time zones and all will be well.

--Marc

Kjeld Smed

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 10:50:48 AM »

I had strange reports from some users of an error when launching IIP, all of whom were extremely helpful in finding the problem. After lots of email I learned that they were all in Europe or
Anyway, Version 2.1.06 fixes this bug and should work for all Earthlings. If you leave the planet, just keep your computer clock set to one of our Earth time zones and all will be well.

--Marc

Marc-

Thanks.
Your fix has done the job. IIP has now installed on my PC.
Leaving for Mars in 2037. Hope for at least 1 update. Grin
Great.

-Kjeld
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 11:21:25 AM »

Kjeld--

Your trip in 2037 should be fine. In 2038, most of our 32-bit computer clocks will go nuts, taking us back to 1903. Very similar to the last part of the movie "2001."

Are you going to shoot with your regular camera on Mars? I would take my IR-modified D-70, although maybe on Mars one doesn't need to go for special effects.

--Marc

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: