The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 12:00:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28018 Posts in 5138 Topics by 2910 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Aperture
| | |-+  Aperture 1.5.2-I can now run it on PB G4 1.5GHz 2GB RAM
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Aperture 1.5.2-I can now run it on PB G4 1.5GHz 2GB RAM  (Read 2110 times)
Capt_Tedd_Greenwal

View Profile Email
« on: February 05, 2007, 10:17:55 AM »

Hi, First post here. I'm studying the D.A.M. Book by Peter and since he knows a lot more than I do on this subject I am adopting the iView/CS2 workflow and really trying to stick to it. However  concept of an all in one ingest,catalog,print,backup program is irrestable. Aperture is visually appealing and like good eye candy hard to just eat one when you start.    However with my Powerbook G4 I was unable to even think of running Aperture. I upgraded from 1.1 to 1.5 and finally got frustrated, it was so damn slow after a few weeks I dragged it to and fed it to Appzapper (a very usefull program for uninstalling all facets of an installed program very much like Windows uninstall). I got the idea to install the 1.5.2 trial version and low and behold it is actually running fast enough for me to evaulate it. Prior any adjustments to a file like levels or exposure would take f-o-r-e-v-e-r..............then some. If your in the same boat with a G4 then try the trail download and see if your speed has increased. I also have CS3 Beta on a spare clone main drive but I'm waiting for the release prior to using it for my working files. In this ever evolving and new topic this forum  and book is a lifesaver in the storm waters of digital data that I'm drowning in.

Regards,

Capt_Tedd_Greenwald
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: