Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Feb 24 thru March 3 at Santa Fe Workshops
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 16, 2019, 03:11:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  DAM Workshops
| | |-+  Feb 24 thru March 3 at Santa Fe Workshops
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Feb 24 thru March 3 at Santa Fe Workshops  (Read 6002 times)
alyson
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: January 24, 2007, 10:13:22 AM »

February 25 - March 3 - Santa Fe Workshops, Raw File Photography: From Camera to Archive

For more information and to register, please go to htpp://www.santafeworkshops.com.

Alyson
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 10:36:04 PM »

Letter to Santa Fe Workshop Attendees. (ust in case you were wondering what we will be up to out there):

Greetings Seminarians,
I'd like to send a warm (well, as warm as we get from frozen Maryland) welcome to all of you attending my Santa Fe workshop.  I'm very excited about spending a whole week with you, in a total photography immersion.

We'll cover a lot of ground over the week.  We'll get a great understanding of the non-destructive image editing that Camera Raw and Lightroom can provide. And, of course, we'll also spend a lot of time learning how to get control of our entire collections with iView MediaPro.  And let's not forget the opportunity we will have to make some pictures we'll be proud to have in that newly-organized collection.

In preparation, let's do a few important things. 

You'll need to bring some shooting gear if you will want to make pictures while you're at the workshop.  Expect it to be pretty chilly, so a good jacket, gloves, etc will come in handy.  Hopefully, we'll get a chance to be out at either sunrise or sunset, so a tripod would also be good to have.

For those of you who are most excited about doing image organization, you might want to think about bringing a portable hard drive (or two) with lots of your image files.  We will be able to do lots of organization to the images over the week, so don't skimp on what you bring.  I like the Seagate 750GB drives, which are available as Firewire/USB external drives at Best Buy for a little over $400.

(Remember if you are bringing files, that you should be bringing duplicate versions of the files - not your only copy of the images.  We'll talk a lot about backup strategies over the week.)

I have recently been working on some hardware and software tools that can help with high-volume scanning of Black and White negatives.  With this set-up, I have been able to scan as many as 300 images an hour.  I'll be bringing the hardware I use, and the software I have written for this work.  If you have some Black and White negatives you'd like to digitize, you might want to bring them.

If you'd like to ask some questions about all of this, or if you would just like to introduce yourself, please feel free to make a post here.

You need to sign up to make posts, and approval can take up to 24 hours, but it's free.  If you're too shy to make a public posting, please feel free to email me at peter@peterkrogh.com

Peter

steveallen

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 11:05:02 AM »

Hi!

I'm Steve Allen and I'm live in Fort Collins, Colorado.  Looking forward to heading down I-25 to Santa Fe next weekend for the workshop.  I'm looking forward to the workshop, as I've got many a gigabyte of digital files that need organizing.  Peter, I've bought your book, but when I saw your workshop listed in the catalog, I got lazy and haven't read it yet.  I guess I need a need a jump-start  Wink

I hope it'll be warm and sunny in Santa Fe!

Steve
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 05:01:38 PM »

Steve,
When Jerry asked me to teach in February, I thought, Great, I could use some warmth in late February.

A quick check of Weather.com has dashed those hopes.  Oh, well.

I look forward to meeting you. (You might want to try and crack the book before you come - a head start could come in handy.)

Bring a bunch of files and we'll work on sorting them out.
Peter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: