Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Converting iView Catalogs to Keywords
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 26, 2020, 01:15:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  DAM Stuff
| |-+  Keywords and Controlled Vocabulary
| | |-+  Converting iView Catalogs to Keywords
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Converting iView Catalogs to Keywords  (Read 4271 times)
Anthony Millan

View Profile
« on: April 06, 2007, 09:16:07 PM »

Hello Peter et al,

I was wondering...
In iView how do you convert catalog sets to keywords? is this even possible? You mentioned it is possible already, or may be possible on one of the forums, but did not explain how to accomplish this.

Regards,
Anthony Millan
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 07:10:21 AM »

Anthony,
How many catalog sets do you have?
If it's few enough, you can do it manually. (Select the set, assign them a keyword)

If it's a lot, then there is a script available, but I can't put my hands on it right now.  Check the iView scripting forum.
Peter
Anthony Millan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 01:21:13 PM »

Thanks Peter,

I didn't even think to check the scripting forum. DUH! Found the script there.
I only have aproximately 75 sets, but many have been built with subsets in a hierarchy. I was thinking that this script could come in handy to convert this hierarchy into keywords much more efficiently than doing it by hand. I'm working on cleaning up my tangled mess of sets so to speak as it could have been better organized prior to reading your DAM book.

Regards,
Anthony Millan
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 03:34:59 PM »

Anthony,
I would suggest that there is generally not a reason to duplicate the Catalog Set information to keywords until you need to migrate the data for some reason.

Peter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: