Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Breeze Downloader Pro: v2 now with IPTC codes and GPS
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 26, 2020, 12:31:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  DAM Stuff
| |-+  Keywords and Controlled Vocabulary
| | |-+  Breeze Downloader Pro: v2 now with IPTC codes and GPS
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Breeze Downloader Pro: v2 now with IPTC codes and GPS  (Read 6145 times)
Dierk

149167100 Dierk54@Hotmail.com Evo2Me dhslowhand
View Profile WWW Email
« on: April 03, 2007, 12:16:10 AM »

A small note before going into the good stuff:

When Downloader Pro v2 was released a few days ago I was a bit, well, irritated. The release was originally planned for January, which would have been well within my 1-year-upgrade licence. Due to, surely necessary, postponement it came out shortly after my 1-year licence was void. the choice was to either buy an upgrade or leave it [v1.9 isn't bad].

Why do I tell that? I consider buying software, or any product, to be investing in the future - getting fixes, seeing new features [not for free!], getting good support by the developer/company*. Any limited licence has its downsides since the company issuing them has it at their discretion when to release and what to release. It does not make any difference if I have to pay for an upgrade once a year [if I want to] or pay for a new major version once a year [in Adobe's case, every 18 months]. And although I was not very pleased by the release delay, considering working with Downloader Pro v1.9 instead of upgrading, I bit the bullet.

This should tell you that DP v2 is good - very good. It adds IPTC Core/XMP support, letting the photographer add all keywords, captions etc. while downloading. It also ensures that data added with DP's interface are coming over into other programs; before v2 I always lost the country code entered in DP when importing to MediaPro, not anymore. Even better, Chris Breeze incorporats the list of official IPTC Subject Codes, IPTC Scene Codes and Intellectual Genre as an easy to choose from natural language list!

Another biggie is GPS support, annotating hal-automatedly GPS data to files via a track [you need a GPS device with logging] and XMP.

If you haven't yet, take a look at the program, which comes with a trial period.

Dierk

IDimager on Windows XP/SP2; 3.2 GHz, 2 GB RAM, loads of storage space.
Other: Nikon D2x, Nikon D200, Capture NX 2, Adobe Creative Suite 3
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 12:34:58 AM »

Dierk

I don't see any lock on this thread.

John
Dierk

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 12:51:29 AM »

So, the lock is just a tool for posters to lock their own threads:

First time I see this on any forum, that's why I am asking.

Dierk

johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 12:55:31 AM »

Well, well. I saw a lock but thought it was just for moderation. Anyway things are OK now?

John
Dierk

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 01:46:27 AM »

The lock is still there, I also - as a mere Jr. Member - a Lock/Unlock button just above the Quick Reply field.

Let me just say: I will not misuse my new powers!

Hey, have a nice Easter week-end.

Dierk

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: