Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Accessing the ImageIngesterPro database with SQLite3
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 05, 2020, 11:14:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  Accessing the ImageIngesterPro database with SQLite3
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Accessing the ImageIngesterPro database with SQLite3  (Read 7753 times)
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« on: December 27, 2006, 05:47:31 PM »

I've just written a page on how to access the built-in ImageIngesterPro database. It's most useful for exporting the table of ingestion data into apps like Excel.

http://basepath.com/ImageIngester/dbaccess.php

(Just for fun, I've put a bit at the end about how to access the Lightroom database as well.)

--Marc

johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 01:26:04 AM »

Marc

Are you aware of an ODBC driver for SQLite? I've tried it and found it happily shows Lightroom inside an MS Access interface.

John
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 08:15:57 AM »

Thanks for the tip, John. Of course, that's much easier for anyone with Access. There are Mac database apps (e.g., FileMaker) that can probably do the equivalent, although I haven't tried them.

I think Excel can work with ODBC as well... not sure.

--Marc

johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 08:41:22 AM »

Yes, Marc, it can - you run a Data > Import External Data to get info in tabular format or you can even suck it into a pivot table for neater analysis. But unless you want to import a single table, or can build some SQL to access all the right data, in general I prefer connecting with a database app that makes it easier to browse the tables, figure out what's there, and save reports and queries.

I'm pretty sure the ODBC is cross platform.

John
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 12:34:52 PM »

John--

I'll add some ODBC examples to my page when I get a chance.

--Marc

Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 09:29:31 PM »

John (and everyone)--

I discovered in my Applications folder a copy of the free, public domain SQLite Database Browser, available for OS X and Windows (and other platforms), which can be downloaded from sourceforge.net/projects/sqlitebrowser. (I forgot I had it.)

It's much easier to use than the sqlite3 command, and its CSV export appears to escape embedded quotes properly.

I'm going to revise my page accordingly.

--Marc

johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 09:08:33 AM »

Thanks Marc,

Yes, much easier than the SQLite command. I've hooked it up to a couple of Lightroom databases - still can't make sense of the schema though!

John
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 01:43:47 PM »

And a further curiosity.... Aperture also uses an SQLite database which you can examine with that browser or via ODBC, just like Lightroom. I wonder if anyone's crazy enough to pass information and settings between the two....

John
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: