The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 11:43:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28003 Posts in 5130 Topics by 2912 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Aperture
| | |-+  "Watched" folders
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: "Watched" folders  (Read 2345 times)
Photo_op

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2006, 12:10:18 PM »

Hello-
A question while I print out the PDF user manual on Aperture 1.5 (all 427 pages). I've read the threads here and elsewhere that refers to the "new" open structure that references one's file structure on the harddisk. I have yet to find that the program even has the rudimentary "watched" folder capability that iView has. If anyone has info on that feature or can direct me to the reference in the manual, I would appreciate it. I'll hold judgement, but I get the uneasy feeling that it took 1.5 to get the referenced feature and may take 2.0 to get the watched (iView) or better yet synced (Portfolio) feature.

Thanks - Dave

MacPro 2.66 Dual-Core, 4 GB ram, OS X 10.6.2, Lightroom v2.6, Photo Mechanic, ImageIngester Pro, Nikon D90

davebhc71.zenfolio.com
Mike Guilbault

mike.guilbault
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 07:12:36 PM »

Check "Smart Albums".  I believe that will cover what you're looking for.

akasocrates

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 09:30:35 PM »

I've been looking for this as well.  It's more important that Aperture and LR have it, rather than iView..at least for me.  Reason being is that since you do your RAW adjustments within the app (not like iView), it makes some sense to import your Working Folder.  Having an auto update for the Working Folder would be great. 

I'll post something if I come upon it in my use.

Sorry that this was not much help I know.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: